A binding contract is only entered into when Maya World Tours S.A. has issued a Confirmation Invoice or Sales Order. This takes place after we have received the complete payment of the quote with the itinerary.
Cancelations and Reimbursements
- You may cancel your tour, package or excursion at any time, provided that the cancelation is confirmed in writing by the person who made payment. The following scale will apply to cover administration charges and pre-payments undertaken by us:
- If the notification of cancelation is received 34-16 days before the expected date of arrival on the first destination in your itinerary, the reimbursement is subject to a penalty of 30% of the total cost.
- No reimbursement will be made if the notification of cancellation is received 15 or less days before the estimated date of arrival on the first destination in your itinerary. In the case of a no-show by passenger or passengers for cancellations made during the tour or vacation package itself.
- If domestic airline tickets have been issued as part of a tour no refund on that part may be possible.
- During high season, Maya World Tours S.A. reserves the right to change our cancellation policies, if our suppliers should apply further penalties apart from those stated above.
- If you wish to change your booking and transfer it to another person we will arrange for such a transfer provided that the reason to transfer your booking is:
- Because of personal illness or serious illness of a close member of your family, jury service, redundancy or unavoidable work commitments.
- You, or the transferee, pays any balance due before the transfer is authorized by us, and the transfer meets all the conditions of the tour, package or excursion you booked.
- Your request for a transfer is sent to us in writing 28 days before departure together with full details of the transferee.
- No name transfers or reimbursements can be made to domestic airline tickets that have been issued as part of a tour.
- The transfer is subject to the payment of any additional charges for the airlines to amend the relevant tickets.
Cancellations by Maya World Tours S.A.
For group or individual tours, if the required minimum number of passengers (as stated on each quotation) is not reached we will either: cancel the departure, offer a full refund, or apply a supplement subject to passenger approval.
Other Alterations by you
We will do our best to make any alterations you may need after confirmation has been issued subject to the payment of any increased costs relevant to the change.
Alterations by Maya World Tours S.A.
We reserve the right to modify the itinerary taking care of providing clients with the best available conditions. We are not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by major force or any cause beyond our control such as natural events.
Occasionally we have to make changes (including changes of price) for reasons of flight cancellations, schedule changes, or 'force majeure'. This legal term means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we nor our suppliers can avoid. Examples are war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions. As the travel arrangements that we arrange are for small numbers of passengers we can make no special arrangements if you are delayed at the outward or homeward points of departure.
Maya World Tours S.A. is not responsible for accidents in route, sickness, robbery or illness, etc. We strongly recommend you to buy travel insurance. Any disputes will be handled according to the laws governing the Republic of Guatemala. Please do not leave any belongings on any tour vehicle, while you are not on board. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Tour Package cost breakdown
The details of individual costs which make up the total quotations for client bookings are confidential between us and our suppliers. We therefore cannot provide breakdowns of individual costs.
Some of our arrangements involve demanding physical activity and can be in areas where there can be additional risks of disease and injury. All clients must be in good health and fully able to participate in any of the physical activities which may be needed for these particular arrangements. If a client has any doubts they should be raised with us as soon as possible so that we can advise on the suitability of taking any tour.
If you are participating in a small group tour you must comply with the instructions of the group leader in all matters related to the safety of the group. Your tour leader has the right to ask any person to withdraw from a tour if it is considered necessary for the wellbeing or safety of that person or other members of the group.
Additional Tours and Excursions
Any excursions which may be arranged on behalf of clients after the commencement of the holiday are not to be treated as forming part of the clients' tour, excursions or package.
Applicable only to children 0 to 2 years of age; some restrictions apply. Children over 2 years pay full price in Local Airlines, Tours, Packages and transportation. Please consult with our Sales Representative for additional information.
Tours, Packages and Excursions do not Include:
Meals, except when specified; Tips to driver, tour guides, bellboys, waiters and chambermaids. Also excluded are departure taxes and expenses of personal nature such as: Laundry, liquor, soft drinks, telephone calls, etc. The International airport exit tax is $30.00 per person and Domestic airport tax is Q.20.00 per person.
Payment of Packages, Tours and Excursions
Payment for packages and arrangements occurs only once the Itinerary or service quote has been finalized and after you have read the Terms and Conditions, agreed upon and accepted.
By Credit Card
If your payment is made by online credit card our sales representative will send you a link to our secured online form in order for you to fill it out.
You will have to add the agreed quantity in GUATEMALAN QUETZALES (GTQ) and your quotation number both of them will be provided by our Sales Executive. Your credit card will be charged in GUATEMALAN QUETZALES (GTQ) since our offices are located in GUATEMALA, thus we are not able to charge you in your local currency.
Sending a Check
You may send a personal check in US Dollars directly to our Bank, please pay to the order of "MAYA WORLD TOURS” for the total amount of the services purchased, please contact us for details
This option applies only for payments made 60 days prior to the reservation date. We will get back to you as soon as we receive your payment (Until Check is liberated).
It can be made when you have agreed with our travel agent the total amount to be paid. Note that by using this option you are responsible for any bank fees relating to the bank transference, please contact us for details
This option applies only for payments made 15 working days prior to the reservation date. Most of the banks will charge you US$ 25.00 Bank commission fee if you´re in USA and up to US$ 45.00 if you're in Europe or South America, please verify with your Bank. We will get back to you as soon as we receive your payment.